Monday, January 23, 2012

Fairy Tale


I stare out my window,
The sky is cold and gray.
The sun is hiding,
The flowers are wilted.
Trees are bare,
The snow is lightly falling.
I crack open a tiny slit,
A gush of wintery air blasts in.
The breeze clashes into my face,
Stinging tears cling to my eyelashes. 
Blinking repeatedly,
I push them back.
I will not cry,
I will not shed a drop.
How can I stop myself,
How can I tell myself I can’t?
I miss you,
Everything about you.
From your sweet deep voice,
To your chocolate brown eyes.
The way your arms wrap around me,
Keeping me safe from harm. 
I can just feel your hand in mine,
Fingers interlocked holding on tight.
But I’m so lost tonight,
Staring out my window.
I wonder if you are looking out one too,
Are our eyes meeting somewhere? 
I can’t fight these feelings,
The tears pour like showers in April. 

Promise me there isn’t someone else you’re in love with,
Promise me there isn’t anybody waiting on you.
I’m praying the story doesn’t end here,
This is a fairy tale I’m not ready to give up on. 

3 comments:

  1. i still think that progeny awaits you and your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with julian, i really think you should turn in your work to the progeny. they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    I love reading your poems. They have so much emotion in them and they can really make the reader relate. Reading your poems reminded me of how I use to write poems and made me want to write again. Don't stop writing your poems. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete