Monday, March 19, 2012

Desperate Housewives Thought

"I love you once,
I love you twice,
I love you more than beans and rice."
                                                                     - Mike Delfino and Susan Delfino

     This poem was said on an episode of Desperate Housewives on Sunday.  The show has never brought me to tears until this weekend.  Mike was killed two weeks ago in a drive by shooting and this weekend was his burial.  This poem was something Mike said to Susan on their wedding night after Susan asked him how much he loved her.  Since Mike wasn't a "word guy" this is what he said.  Susan then said it in return before he was to be buried.  
     This poem got me thinking. Even though love is a very strong word it can make relationships more complicated if they are to young or at can make them even stronger when they have been around awhile.  We often forget to tell those around us how much we love them.  We often take people for granted because they seem to be there on every tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Very well put its always very inertesting to see what you post week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree, this is very well written. People do forget to tell their loved ones that they love them sometimes. People tend to assume that there loved ones will be there for a very long time. The time when they realize that they can not tell them any more, they are filled with regret. I try to remind myself everyday to tell the people I love that I love them. That way if something bad ever happened, I would not sit there with regret.

    ReplyDelete